Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Question of the Week #14

Welcome to the fourteenth edition of the Question of the Week! Please consider sending me your ideas for future questions :)

Do you have a favorite biblical film? If you don't have a favorite film, do you have a least favorite?


My favorite, favorite is The Gospel of John. I love this movie, I do. True, I could love this one more than any other because it is the gospel of John, my favorite gospel. But everything about this one is so well done. I liked that it uses the text of the gospel both in its narration and dialogue.

I also enjoyed The Nativity Story.

And I liked In the Beginning. I found it a pleasant surprise.

This box-set looks a bit terrifying. I have seen snippets of Jeremiah, and if that is any indication the other three couldn't be good.

But without a doubt the worst, worst movie ever is Noah's Ark (1999). And it appears I'm not alone! Of the 111 reviews, 85 are one star! 8 are two star! 3 are 3 star! Leaving just 15 people who would rate it four or five stars!!!

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

3 comments:

Sherrylinn said...

I agree with you 100%, The Gospel of John is my all time favorite!

Here's my answers
http://cremerfamily.blogspot.com/2009/04/quetion-of-week-14.html

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say, the only biblical movie I have seen is The Passion of the Christ, which was fantastic (well...horrible) to watch once, but I don't think I could ever sit through it again.

I'm a "newbie" Christian, as I was only saved a few years ago. I went to church when I was little, but there was no "religion" in our home. I simply never encountered Biblical films, though I'm definitely going to have to check out The Gospel of John. And I own The Nativity Story, I've just never watched it.

hopeinbrazil said...

We love the series that is word-for-word from the book of Matthew and also the one on the book of Acts. Hollywood movies never seem to "get it" when it comes to nuances in Bible stories.

I like some secular films that have biblicalthemes of grace and redemption. Chocolat is the only one I can think of at the moment.