Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Blog Turns Two!


Operation Actually Read Bible turns two today. If you're a new(ish) visitor, then this post might serve as a good introduction (at least as good as any other) to the site. And if you're a regular visitor, then I thank you for supporting me. I want you to know that I do value you! I love hearing from you in the comments. (And feel free to email me too, if you want!)

So who am I and what do I hope to accomplish with the blog? Well, the first part is easy. My name is Becky. And I blog. And blog. And blog. This is my third site actually. But that doesn't necessarily mean its third in importance.

As to what I hope to accomplish here, that's a good question. It's a site for me, but it's also for you. You can participate in the challenge. It's an ongoing challenge that invites/encourages you to actually read the Bible. (You can sign up on this initial post). You might also find a few books to read. I review christian fiction and christian nonfiction. I review books for all ages. (So you might find board books, picture books, bible story books, children's books, young adult books, and adult books. Though I review mainly adult titles.) Yes, these reviews serve as a journal for me to record what I read. But I also hope they encourage you to read more in the genre. If you've read a book I've reviewed, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

Here are a few of my favorite posts:



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: