Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Did you participate in Operation Actually Read Bible last year? How did you do? Did you incorporate reading the bible into your daily life? If you'd like to share your experience with me--with others--feel free to do so in the comments. I see a few of you have posted about this on your own blogs. You can leave links to those posts, if you like! Regardless of if you read the whole bible, or just a part of the Bible, I hope that you benefited from what you read. That you've learned to love the bible, to cherish your time in the Word.

I would also like to invite you to join me next year. This 'challenge' is a perpetual one. You don't have to make any specific commitments--to read the whole bible in a year, for example. Just a 'simple' commitment that you will try to spend more time reading and studying the Bible in the upcoming year. This might be different for each one of you. For some, it might be ten minutes a day, for others it might be thirty minutes a day.

You can read the Bible in any translation. (You'll have no pressure from me as to which translation is "best.") You can even listen to the bible if you'd like! If you do choose an audio bible, I'd be curious to know which one you're using and if you'd recommend it. You can follow a reading plan if you like--for 90 days, for a year, for two or three years. But you don't have to follow a reading plan.

You might even be interested in joining Mom's Toolbox's READ THE BIBLE IN 90 DAYS. It starts January 3rd, ends April 2nd. Essentially, you read twelve or so pages a day for eighty-eight days.

I hope you have a great new year! That you may grow stronger in your faith and deeper in your love.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Waterfall said...

Happy New Year from a brand-new reader of your blog! I love the pic you posted here--that verse has been on my mind all day. Blessings to you!