Tuesday, August 13, 2013

My Year with Spurgeon: Week #32

The strength of a Christian is divine strength. My brethren, I am more and more persuaded every day that the sinner has no power of himself, except that which is given him from above. ~ Charles Spurgeon, "Joseph Attacked by The Archers"
Christ had no transgressions of his own; he took ours upon his head; he never committed a wrong, but he took all my sin, and all yours, if ye are believers; concerning all his people, it is true, he bore their griefs and carried their sorrows in his own body on the tree; therefore, as they were others’ sins, so he rested in another’s grave; as they were sins imputed, so that grave was only imputedly his. ~ Charles Spurgeon, "The Tomb of Jesus"
The dead in Christ shall rise first at the resurrection: but he who rose first—their leader, rose in a different fashion. They rise by imparted power. He rose by his own. ~ Charles Spurgeon, "The Tomb of Jesus"
It is nought for me that he made peace for the world; I want to know whether he made peace for me: it is little that he hath made a covenant, I want to know whether he has made a covenant with ME. ~ Charles Spurgeon, "David's Dying Song"
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: