Thursday, February 4, 2016

Quotes from the Cloud #4

This year, I hope share weekly posts of quotes. These quotes are from authors I'm reading and enjoying from the Clouds of Witnesses Reading Challenge

For fellow participants, what I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see is for people to share quotes from what they're reading. I'd love for you to share quotes occasionally with your readers and let me know about it. If you don't have a blog, you could always leave quotes in the comments here.
Oh, how foolish we are if we attempt to entertain two guests so hostile to one another as Christ Jesus and the devil! Rest assured, Christ will not be at home in the living room of our hearts if we entertain the devil in the basement of our thoughts… God's judgments are all numbered, but His mercies are innumerable; He gives His wrath by weight, but without weight His mercy. ~ Charles Spurgeon, Spurgeon's Daily Treasures in the Psalms, January 9
Let us learn to think of tears as liquid prayers. My God, I will weep when I cannot plead, for You hear the voice of my weeping. ~ Charles Spurgeon, Spurgeon's Daily Treasures in the Psalms, January 12
We must not doubt what the true and faithful God promises to do. He promises to hear our prayers—yes, he even commands us to pray. He promises this so that we might firmly believe that our prayers will be answered. As Christ says, “Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” (Mark 11:24; see also Matthew 21:22). Christ also says, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened” (Luke 11:9–10). By trusting in these promises and obeying these commands, we can pray with confidence. ~ Martin Luther, Faith Alone, October 30
Nothing in this world will in any way feed our passion for God. We must leave the world behind us and pursue on to know God in His arena. The closer I get to God, the further away from the world I become. ~ A.W. Tozer, Delighting in God
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: