Saturday, April 16, 2016

Live Like You're Loved: Memory Verse Suggestions

A verse learned goes into our memories and from there into our conscious and subconscious minds. From there it appears in the room of imagination, from whence it shows up in the way we live, think, feel, talk, act, and achieve. The principle of Proverbs 23:7 is true 24-7. It is an inviolable law of life that cannot be altered and will be true as long as human nature endures: For as we think in our hearts so are we. ~ Robert J. Morgan
Today, I thought I would share some super-short verses that are worthy of memorizing.
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Philippians 4:4 
I love that verse. It is short. It is simple. It is easy to figure out what the application should be. It can't get any more straightforward than that. Yet, it's a convicting little verse isn't it?!
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4
Isn't this a wonderful verse too. Who doesn't want to be delivered from all their fears?!
Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Psalm 34:8
Have you tasted and seen that the Lord is GOOD? How do you taste and see? It's hard to put into words the how--I think it's a spirit thing, to be honest--but you'll know when you've done it. And the great thing is that it's an open invitation. It's not a quick free sample. No, we can FEAST on the Lord's goodness! 
The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned. Psalm 34:22
Are you a servant of the Lord? Have you taken refuge in Him? Isn't this a great promise!
Teach me your way, O Lord, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name. Psalm 86:11
I must admit this one is probably one of my favorite, favorite verses. It's a built-in prayer, isn't it? 
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.
This is another favorite, favorite of mine. I love the "will." It says, first of all, that the Lord HAS a purpose for me. Second, that the Lord WILL fulfill HIS purpose for me. His purpose may be different than how I see my purpose. But his purpose is for my good, and, is made by someone infinitely wise and good. I also love the focus on God's steadfast love. The last ends in a prayer! 

What are some of your favorite verses?

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: