Thursday, August 18, 2016

Quotes from the Cloud #26

This year, I hope share weekly posts of quotes. These quotes are from authors I'm reading and enjoying from the Clouds of Witnesses Reading Challenge
The heart is so constituted that the only way to dispossess it of an old affection is by the expulsive power of a new one. What you need to drive out an old passion is a new passion, a greater passion. What you need is an over-mastering positive passion. ~ Thomas Chalmers
If I could hear Christ praying for me in the next room, I would not fear a million enemies. Yet distance makes no difference. He is praying for me. ~ Robert Murray M'Cheyne
Have you ever noticed that most of your unhappiness in life is due to the fact that you are listening to yourself instead of talking to yourself. ~ D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: