Saturday, December 10, 2016

2016 Gift Recommendations

Ten Gifts I'm Recommending This Holiday Season


Beyond Suffering Bible, NLT, Edited by Joni and Friends, Inc.

I love, love, love, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Bible so much.

Valley of Vision: A Collection of Puritan Prayers and Devotions, Edited by Arthur G. Bennett

I got a copy of this last Christmas, and, it was love. I think I'll be rereading this one for years and years!

Hungry: Learning to Feed Your Soul with Christ. Rondi R. Lauterbach

Only read it the one time, but, WOW it's a great book!


Why Christ Came: 31 Meditations on the Incarnation by Joel Beeke and William Boekestein

I think this book should be a must-read. I'm planning on rereading it myself soon!!!

Blank Journal(s)

2016 is the first year I kept a journal, and, it really has helped me.
Blank Spiral(s)

Whether you keep track of your "stuff" in a daily planner or a blank spiral, I think it's good to have something always nearby and handy.


Glory to the Holy One by R.C. Sproul

This album means so very, very, very much to me. I listened to it constantly for months as I was recuperating from an extended stay in the hospital. It nourished me!


The Doctrines of Grace in John by Steven Lawson

I love this teaching series so much. I'm planning on watching it again soon. And I mean it. I just have lots of other borrowed teaching series to watch as well!

Mug(s)

I adore TEA. I do. And my tea-time is often when I read some theology and sit down and think deep thoughts about God.

Tea(s)

These are my personal favorite, favorite flavors. But really just a few of them. (As I said, I adore tea!)






© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

BookMoot said...

This is a wonderful list, Becky! Thank you so much!