Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 2012 Goals

July was a great month for Bible reading. I really enjoyed spending so much time in the New Testament--especially the epistles. I thought my August goals should focus on the four gospels and the book of Acts. Not that I'm committing to reading just the gospels, I still hope to read other books too. I hope to even read some of the Old Testament this month. But I'd like my focus to be on the gospels.
I did not meet my goal of reading fifty pages of theology a day--it was a HIGH goal. But. I was able to read eight books--seven of them nonfiction.

The nonfiction books I'd LOVE to read this August include:


Story: Our Journey of Heartache and Grace fro Eden to Evermore by Steven James. 2006/2012. Revell. 208 pages.


Disability and the Gospel: How God Uses Our Brokenness to Display His Grace. Michael S. Beates. 2012. Crossway. 192 pages.


Putting the Amazing Back Into Grace. Michael Horton. 1994/2011. Baker Books. 272 pages.


Story of the Trapp Family Singers. Maria August Trapp. 1949/2001. HarperCollins. 320 pages.

And some fiction:


To Die For. Sandra Byrd. 2011. Simon & Schuster. 352 pages.


The Secret Keeper. Sandra Byrd. 2012. Simon & Schuster. 352 pages.


For Such a Time As This. Ginny Aiken. 2012. FaithWords. 384 pages.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: