Review Policy for Operation Actually Read Bible
I am interested in reviewing christian fiction, christian nonfiction, Bibles, audio Bibles, audio books, Christian music CDs, Christian DVDs, etc. I am interested in reviewing for all age groups.
Picture books. Early readers. Chapter books. Tween and Teen fiction. Adult fiction as well, of course.
I especially like historical fiction with or without romance. Biblical fiction (fiction set in biblical times) is also a thing I enjoy. I am interested in strong characters, well-written, fleshed-out, human characters. Plot is secondary to me in a way. I have to care about the characters in order to care about the plot. That being said, compelling storytelling is something that I love. I love to become absorbed in what I'm reading.
I am pickier on nonfiction. I'll only review it if I can honestly recommend it and find it biblically sound and for the edification of the faith.
If you're an author or publisher and would like me to consider your book for review, I'd love to hear from you. You may contact me at laney_po AT yahoo DOT com. You should know several things first:
1) I do not guarantee a review of your book. I am just agreeing to consider it for review.
2) I will read picture books and early readers in their entirety.
3) I will give all longer books (chapter books, etc) at least fifty pages.
4) I am not promising anyone (author or publisher) a positive review in exchange for a review copy. (I do NOT work like that.)
5) All reviews are my honest, subjective opinions of a book. My blog features reviews ranging from positive to negative.
6) I do not guarantee that I will get to your book immediately.
7) Emailing me to ask if I've read your book every other week won't help me get to it any faster. Though if you want to email me to check and see if it arrived safely, then that's fine!