Saturday, September 1, 2012

September Goals

My Bible reading goals for this month are to read a balanced blend of Old and New Testaments. I am using the ESV Grow! Bible again. (Yes, I know it's for children, but the notes are SO GREAT, that I want to read it too.) I am also using this plan:

On Monday, I read from the Books of Moses (the first five books of the Bible)
On Tuesday, I read from the History books (Joshua through Esther)
On Wednesday, I read from the wisdom books (Job through Song of Songs)
On Thursday, I read from the Major Prophets (Isaiah through Daniel)
On Friday, I read from the Minor Prophets (Hosea through Malachi)

That is the Old Testament. What about the New Testament?

On Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I read from the gospels and Acts.
On Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, I read from the epistles (Romans-Revelation)

I'd also love to read these books:


Love's Reckoning. Laura Frantz. 2012. Revell. 432 pages. (due September 2nd)


The Hole In Our Holiness. Kevin DeYoung. 2012. Crossway. 160 pages.


Whatever Happened to the Gospel of Grace. James Montgomery Boice. 2001/2009. Crossway. 224 pages.




The Secret Keeper. Sandra Byrd. 2012. Simon & Schuster. 352 pages.


With Every Letter. Sarah Sundin. 2012. Revell. 432 pages. (due Sept. 16th)


The Sermons of George Whitefield. (Two volumes). Edited by Lee Gatiss. 2012. Crossway. 976 pages.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: