Sunday, January 10, 2016

Signing Up for my Operation Deepen Faith

Operation Deepen Faith
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (sign up)
Dates: January - December

I'm signing up for:

I. Wonderful Words of Life.
My goal is to read the whole Bible through at least two to four times. My plan is to read it through in the King James Version during the week, at my own pace, perhaps sometimes fast and sometimes slow. And on the weekends to read the Bible in the New American Standard Version. I imagine I'll finish in the KJV first. Once I finish the Bible through once, I'll have a better idea of where to focus next.

1) King James Version; begun January 1, 2016
2) New American Standard Version; begun January 8, 2016
3)
4)

II. Sweet Hour of Prayer.
I'll be trying to get back to praying daily--praying the Psalms daily. But if I read other books on prayers with different methods or tips, I might vary it up a little. I am also journaling some. But not committing to daily journaling. This one won't really be "update-able" in progress.

III. How Firm a Foundation. The book I'll be focusing on this year is the book of REVELATION. I hope to read it through twelve times--and hopefully four of those times will be in a study Bible.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)

IV. Deep and Wide. I'll be choosing the gospel of John, 1 John, 2 John, and 3 John.

John
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1 John, 2 John, 3 John
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

V. Meditate or Memorize. I'll be keeping a spiral of "verses" I'm working on again last year. This perhaps with the exception of discovering praying the Bible was the single most life-changing thing I discovered last year.

VI. Choose a Research Project. My first research project will be to read up on the DOCTRINES OF GRACE, aka ELECTION or PREDESTINATION. I may listen to sermons/sermon series; I may read articles or essays; I may read books. Probably a combination of all three.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

VII Christian Nonfiction. My goal is to read 36 books

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
21)
22)
23)
24)
25)
26)
27)
28)
29)
30)
31)
32)
33)
34)
35)
36)

VIII We Believe. My goal is to read SIX creeds, catechisms, or confessions throughout the year.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: