Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Tea-Ology Reading Challenge

Tea-ology Reading Challenge (formerly Share-a-Tea)
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (formerly Becky's Book Reviews) (sign up here)
Duration: Perpetual but starting anew each January
# of books: Readers Decide

This challenge is all about celebrating SLOWING DOWN and SAVORING the moments. This challenge is about QUALITY and not quantity. This is an anti-rush reading challenge. Enjoy where you are in a book, and, engage fully in it. Live in the book.

Love drinking tea? Love reading books? Love reading a book while drinking tea? Have I got a reading challenge for you!

Who can join? Anyone who enjoys reading. You don't need to have a blog. You don't need to have a twitter account. Are coffee drinkers welcome? Well. You can still join in, I suppose. But you might be outnumbered by tea drinkers.

Which books count?

  • The Bible (any translation)
  • Devotionals
  • Sermons
  • Christian Biography/Autobiography
  • Christian Living
  • Christian Nonfiction
  • Christian Theology
  • Christian Bible Studies
  • Letters, Journals, Diaries, etc.

Does anything else count?

  • Watching or listening to sermons; just be sure to make note of what you're watching and perhaps jot down a note or two to remind you what it was about.
  • Listening to audio bibles (again just keep track of what you're listening to)
  • Listening to audio books (again just keep track...)
  • Listening to praise/worship albums (again just keep track...)

1) When you sign up in a comment below, share one favorite tea and one favorite book. And if you've got one handy: a favorite quote.
2) If you write a post on your blog announcing the challenge (and making a place to keep track of what you've read), consider sharing a bit about yourself--your reading and drinking habits. You might consider a longer list of recommendations!
3) If you're on twitter, tweet me as often as you like @operationbible Tweet about favorite teas, favorite books, favorite authors, favorite quotes, what you're currently reading, what you've just finished reading, etc.

I will be sharing my progress throughout the year. I haven't decided if it will be every week, every other week, every month. If you have a preference, let me know when you sign up. You are more than welcome to share your progress in the comments of my progress posts.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

5 comments:

Becky said...

My post about the challenge. My favorite book is the Bible. It is the one I read most often with tea. And my favorite tea...unsweetened I love green tea, oolong tea, or earl grey....sweetened I love Perfect Peach, I Love Lemon, Black Cherry Berry.

Kim said...

This sounds like a good place to keep track of my desire to read the C.S. Lewis books I have not yet read. So, please sign me up. I have great difficulties chosing favorites of most anything since I like so much variety. ONE of my favorite teas is Burroughs Brew, a black tea with a coconutty flavor. ONE of my favorite books is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.

AnneKristy said...

I think this is a perpetual challenge?
I am signing up for 2021. You know how much I love tea and books.
My favorite tea is Paris by Harney and Sons. It is a flavored black tea. The ingredients are black tea, oolong tea, vanilla flavor, black currant flavor, bergamot oil, and caramel flavor.
I also love Tazo Organic Baked Cinnamon Apple. It is a rooibos/herbal tea.
My favorite book is the Bible. I have a long list of other books I love. The Bible is God's living Word-active and breathing-not mere ink on paper.
My favorite quote and I have m-a-n-y.
"God's grace calls you to suffer and it calls you to wait, but it never calls you to stand in your own strength or to stand alone." Paul David Tripp
And.
"The most wonderful places to be in the world are: In someone's thoughts, someone's prayers, and in someone's heart." Author unknown.

AnneKristy said...

My current post:
https://impressionsininkblog.wordpress.com/2020/12/05/tea-ology-reading-challenge/

Lisa Howeler said...

I would like to join as well. I think this will be a good way to read the Bible and Christian books during the year!