Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Signing Up for Cloud of Witnesses (My Post)


Cloud of Witnesses Reading Challenge
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible; sign up post
January - December 2014
# of Books: my goal is 12 books


My Cloud:

Charles Spurgeon
J.C. Ryle
Dwight Moody
George Whitefield
Horatius Bonar
Andrew Murray
B.B. Warfield
A.W. Tozer
Martyn Lloyd Jones
A.W. Pink
G. Campbell Morgan
A.B. Simpson

Alternates not pictured in 'my cloud'

J. Vernon McGee
James Montgomery Boice
Loraine Boettner
R.A. Torrey
Matthew Henry
Stephen Charnock
Martin Luther
Jonathan Edwards
Dietrich Bonhoeffer
John Calvin

I had picked 12 authors for my cloud. I haven't done as great a job sticking with those specific twelve. But I have read plenty of books.

What I read:
  1. Knowledge of the Holy. A.W. Tozer. 1961/1978. HarperCollins. 128 pages. [Source: Book I Bought]
  2. Isaiah 36-66 (Thru the Bible #23). J. Vernon McGee. Thomas Nelson. 204 pages. [Source: Book I bought]
  3. The Attributes of God. A.W. Tozer. 1996. Christian Publications. 176 pages. [Book I Bought]
  4. The Attributes of God, volume 2: Deeper Into the Father's Heart. A.W. Tozer. 2001/2007. Wingspread. 203 pages. [Source: Bought] 
  5. Discovering the Power of Christ's Prayer Life. Charles Spurgeon. Compiled and Edited by Lance Wubbels. 1995. Emerald Books. 204 pages. [Source: Bought] 
  6. And He Dwelt Among Us: Teachings From the Gospel of John. A.W. Tozer. 2009. Regal. 224 pages. [Source: Bought]  
  7. Saved In Eternity (The Assurance of Salvation #1) D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 1988. Crossway. 187 pages. [Source: Bought] 
  8. Safe in the World (The Assurance of Salvation #2). D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 1988. Crossway. 160 pages. [Source: Bought] 
  9.  Sanctified Through the Truth. (The Assurance of Salvation #3) D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 1989. Crossway. 153 pages. [Source: Bought]  
  10. Growing in the Spirit (Assurance of Salvation #4) D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 1989. Crossway. 158 pages. [Source: Bought]  
  11. All Loves Excelling (The Saints' Knowledge of Christ's Love)John Bunyan. 1692/1998. Banner of Truth. 144 pages. [Source: Bought] 
  12. Reclaiming Christianity: A Call to Authentic Faith. A.W. Tozer. 2009. Regal. 224 pages. [Source: Bought]  
  13. Fellowship with God (Life in Christ: Studies in 1 John #1) D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 1993. Crossway. 142 pages. [Source: Bought]
  14. (Puritan Pulpit) Jonathan Edwards 1703-1758. (Containing 16 Sermons Unpublished In Edwards' Lifetime) Compiled and Edited by Dr. Don Kistler. Soli Deo Gloria. 286 pages. [Source: Bought]
  15. Calvin on the Christian Life: Glorifying and Enjoying God Forever. Michael S. Horton. 2014. Crossway. 271 pages.   
  16. The Great Divorce. C.S. Lewis. 1945. HarperCollins. 160 pages. [Source: Library]
  17. The Screwtape Letters. C.S. Lewis. 1942. HarperCollins. 224 pages. [Source: Library]
My Cloud:

Charles Spurgeon
J.C. Ryle
Dwight Moody
George Whitefield
Horatius Bonar
Andrew Murray
B.B. Warfield
A.W. Tozer
Martyn Lloyd Jones

A.W. Pink
G. Campbell Morgan
A.B. Simpson

Alternates not pictured in 'my cloud'

J. Vernon McGee
James Montgomery Boice
Loraine Boettner
R.A. Torrey
Matthew Henry
Stephen Charnock
Martin Luther
Jonathan Edwards
Dietrich Bonhoeffer
John Calvin

I've also continued My Year With Spurgeon, which, should probably count for something, right?! Since each week is at least one sermon! Over the course of a year, that adds up!

I've also done monthly quote posts for Martyn Lloyd-Jones. 
I made my cloud of witnesses with Mosaic Maker from Big Huge Labs.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cloud of Witnesses (Books by deceased Christian Authors)
1. In His steps Charles Sheldon
2. The Way to God by Dwight L. Moody
3. The Pursuit of God A. W. Tozer
4 Studies in Words by C. S. Lewis
5. The Faith by Charles Colson
6. J. Vernon McGee tbd

I chose six books and selected from books I own.

Monica said...

Ok Becky, here is the link to my signup post. I did not commit to any specific books like Kristel did but I have committed to 10 books!

http://thejoyfulbookcase.blogspot.com/2013/12/cloud-of-witness-2014-signing-up-post.html