Thursday, December 14, 2017

2018 Reading Challenge: Operation Deepen Faith (mine)

Operation Deepen Faith
Host: Operation Actually Read Bible (sign up)
January - December 2018

I. Wonderful Words of Life

I'll be keeping track of the Bibles I read here "Bibles Read in 2018".
My goal is to alternate reading "old" and "new" Bibles. Here "old" means both a) translations published before 2000 and b) favorite translations that I love and adore regardless of publication date. Likewise "new" means both a) translations published 2000 to present and b) new-to-me translations that I've never read before.

Ten Options for 2018

_ King James Version (old in both senses)
_ New American Standard Version (old in both senses)
_ American Standard Version (old in publication date; new in new-to-me)
_ Darby Translation (old in publication date; new in new-to-me)
_ English Standard Version (new in publication date; old in favorite translations)
_ NIV 1984 (old in both senses)
_ New King James Version (old in both senses)
_ New Revised Standard Version (old in publication date; new in new-to-me)
_ New Living Translation (new in both senses)
_ Modern English Version (new in both senses)

I hope to read at least one study Bible.

II. Christian Nonfiction

I'll be keeping track of the books I read here "Books Read in 2018."

My goal is 75-100 Christian nonfiction books.

My goal is also to focus on the works of J.C. Ryle for the Victorian Reading Challenge.
My goal is also to focus on the works of the Reformers and Puritans for the Reformation Reading Challenge.



My goal is also to focus on the works of R.C. Sproul who recently passed away. I'd love to see how many Sproul titles I can read in 2018!


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: