Sunday, April 1, 2012

April 2012 Goals


I like the idea of having monthly goals. And some months the goals are easy to formulate. I know exactly what I want to do and have a plan. Some months, not so much. And that is okay too. I don't think you NEED to have a PLAN in order to read the Bible.

I have one definite goal this month--to participate in my own Read the NT In A Week event. I was planning on using the chronological HCSB Bible--reading the NT. But then I fell in love with the ESV Grow! Bible, so now I'm torn between going with what I want at this very minute and sticking with what I had originally planned from January. (That's one reason why I don't like setting yearly goals.)
If I don't read Reading God's Story: A Chronological Bible for the NT in a week challenge, I may try to read it during the whole month of April. Or I may not. I just don't know at this point.

It is also my goal to spend A LOT of time with John again. Yes, yes, I know I spent all of February reading 1 John. And I know I read the gospel of John, 2 John, 3 John, and Revelation multiple times--about once a week each week. BUT. I want to spend MORE time with John. I do. I really, really do. Specifically, I want to spend a great deal of time with the gospel of John and the book of Revelation. I would LOVE to make some real progress in A.W. Pink's Exposition of the Gospel of John.

The Bibles I *think* I may be reading are:


and




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: