Saturday, December 8, 2012

Signing Up for 2013's Operation Deepen Faith


I am hosting Operation Deepen Faith again in 2013.

I. Wonderful Words of Life. Goal: Try the MacArthur method of reading one (short, NT) book of the Bible 30 times in a month (or close to it).

I will probably try to do this at least twice. The book I am thinking of doing first is Colossians. I just loved doing 1 John, Philippians, and Revelation this year. But I'm not sure I want to repeat them this year. I might. We'll see. 

Romans
Ephesians

II. Going Deep; Goal: STUDY one book of the Bible throughout the year. Read it at least four times.

It is always hard for me to choose just one book. This year I chose the gospel of John, and I didn't feel I did it justice. There is still so much I want to read and study and contemplate. I might choose John again. If I did choose John again, I have commentaries by J.C. Ryle, A.W. Pink, and John Calvin. I also have a very big book by Martyn Lloyd Jones on John 17. Another book I'm considering choosing would be 1 John. I have a few commentaries on this book too. If I don't do John or 1 John, I may just choose the book of Psalms. I don't have any commentaries on this one, but, I would love to really get to know this book of the Bible better. I may even choose one Old Testament book and one New Testament book.

III. Deep and Wide; Goal: read multiple books of the bible in multiple translations.

My goal is to read the New Testament six to eight times in 2013. 

VI. Christian Nonfiction. 

My goal is to read twenty-two nonfiction books in 2013. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: