Thursday, November 25, 2010

2011 Goals: Read The Bible

This will be the third year I'll challenge myself to read the Bible. (This project is "Operation Actually Read Bible".) In 2009, I lacked thirteen books. (You can see the list of what I was missing here.) I'm still hoping to meet my goals in 2010. As of today (Thanksgiving), I only lack seven books! Job, 1 and 2 Kings, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Revelation.

In 2011, I hope to focus my Bible reading on four translations and six bibles.

ESV (English Standard Version)


NASB (New American Standard Bible)


HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible)


1599 Geneva Bible (my progress)

Of course, if I should tire of study bibles (they can be heavy) then I could decide to switch to Thinline editions.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

8 comments:

Annette said...

Count me in to try and read through the Bible in 2011. I'll post at the end of December what my progress was for this year.
Thanks Becky!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

My link has changed. You can find my post where I'll update my progress here

Violette said...

I am joining you in this challenge and will read the Bible chronologically which I have never done.

Cindy said...

I love this challenge. I am using a chronological Bible. this will be my 2nd time. First time I did with my kids and took me 3 years!

Cindy said...

oh yea, you can follow my progress and encourage me if you like
I'll be following you ;)
http://for-one-another.blogspot.com/

Nate said...

Hey I ran across your site from your review of Speaker of the Dead and jumped over here (random surfing can take you anywhere :-) ). I don't know if this has been discussed before, but have you tried you version? I am doing the Bible in a year and You Version really keeps me on track. It breaks down daily readings into manageable sections and if you get behind you can have it redivide you plan so you can get back on track and not miss a beat. Just thought I would throw that out there incase you haven't heard of it before.

cd sutton said...

I like this challenge. I have been wanting to find something to encourage me to read through the Bible and seeing others do so is one motivator. @ Nate, thanks for the site tip. I will look at it also.