Tuesday, November 14, 2017

2018 Reading Challenges: Good Rule

Host: Becky's Book Reviews (sign up)
Duration: January 2018 - December 2018
Inspiration: It is a good rule, after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between. If that is too much for you, you should at least read one old one to every three new ones. C.S. Lewis
# of books: readers decide

1. I want a MONTHLY goal.
2. My goal is 12 BOOKS per month.
3. The balance I'm aiming for is 75% new, 25% old. OR 9 new books each month + 3 old books each month. Anything over twelve books per month can be whatever--either old or new.
4. I'm defining "new" as anything published after the year 2000. I'm defining as "old" anything published BEFORE the year 2000.
5. I'm also going to be balancing my Bible projects. I will alternate reading a new translation with an old translation. This will NOT be part of the monthly goal. If I run out of translations that qualify as "new" and "old." I may substitute "new-to-me" (regardless of publication date) and favorite-and-best (regardless of publication date).
6. Bibles read in 2018; Books read in 2018.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: