Sunday, February 5, 2012

MacArthur System, 1 John: Week of January 28-February 4


This month I'll be reading 1 John thirty to thirty-one times. My main translation will be the New King James, but I'll supplement with other translations throughout the month. This first week I read it five times in the New King James Version, once in the ESV translation (with study notes), once in the New American Standard Bible, once in the American Standard Version, 1901; in total I read it eight times.

From the ESV Student Study Bible,

  • Ruth
  • 1 Samuel 1-6
  • John
  • 1 John
  • 2 John
  • 3 John
  • Jude 
  • Revelation

From the NKJV Soul Care Bible,

  • Psalms 1-50
  • Proverbs 1-5
  • Mark
  • Luke
  • John 1-12
  • Romans
  • Colossians
  • Hebrews
  • 1 John (5x)

From the New American Standard Bible (text-only)

  • 1 John

From the American Standard Version (text-only)

  • 1 John

Key Verses:


This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.  If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.  But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. (1 John 5:10, NKJV)


Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (John 8:12, NKJV)

I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. (John 12:46, NKJV)
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1, NKJV)
For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light. (Psalm 36:9, NKJV)

Teachings from 1 John 1








© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: