Friday, August 19, 2016

Book Review: God Loves Me


God Loves Me. Mary Alice Jones. Illustrated by Elizabeth Webbe. 1961. 30 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: How do I know God loves me? Let me think of the ways. I think of my mother and daddy. They love me and take care of me. God planned for mothers and daddies. That's how I know God loves me.

Premise/plot: A picture book for parents to share with little ones about God's love. The text is simple, straightforward, short, and sweet. The illustrations are by Elizabeth Webbe.

My thoughts: I think I like this one even more than God is Good. (Though I don't really have to have a favorite!)

My favorite quote: "I touch the Bible my teacher holds and listens as she reads to me: "God loves you. He cares about you." God plans for me to have the Bible. That's how I know God loves me.

Text: 4 out of 5
Illustrations: 5 out of 5
Total: 9 out of 10

No comments: