Monday, August 1, 2016

My Summer with Johnny #1

In July, I began listening to Johnny Cash. He has quite a lot of gospel songs. I thought I would spend some weeks in August sharing some of my favorites with you. The first song I'd like to share with you is, "The Preacher Said, 'Jesus Said.'"

Here are the first two verses:
Well with everybody tryin' to tell us what to do
You wonder how are you to know whose word is true
But the preacher just keep on a bringing us a very same word
And from St Paul to Billy Graham the same is heard
And the preacher said of truth Jesus said
(And Jesus said I'm the way the truth and the life)
Well we can see that the world is full of greed
There's so much hate yet there is so much need
What should we do when no one seems to care
What can we do when there is no love there
And then the preacher said of love Jesus said
(Jesus said love Thy neighbor as Thyself)
The song features Johnny Cash and Billy Graham. It was released in 1971.





© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: