Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Bible Review: NASB


NASB Quick Study Bible. 2006. Thomas Nelson. 1920 pages. [Source: Bought]

I read just the text of this 'quick study' bible. I bought this Bible used a few years ago--was thrilled to do so--because of the layout.

It isn't always easy to find NASB Bibles that are a) in paragraph format instead of verse, verse, verse; b) in black letter and not red letter; c) in a font size that is easy on the eyes. This Bible is all three.

I do LOVE the NASB translation. It is one of my top three translations of choice. I adore it really.

It was a joy to read this one over the past few months. I began with Genesis. I ended with Revelation. But I didn't read it cover to cover. I tend to always begin and end the same way. I like to read the first five books together--the books of the law, the torah. I like to always, always, always finish with the works of John. I read John, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, and Revelation as my last five books. I've also started to save the book of Psalms for my last read in the Old Testament.

I'm not sure which translation I'll tackle next. But I know where I'll be reading!

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: