Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday Salon #6


Current Bible plans and projects:

ESV Church History Bible: Proverbs 29-31. Psalms 139-150. 1 Samuel 21-31. 2 Samuel. 1 Kings. 2 Kings 1-2. Philippians. Colossians. Matthew 1-28. 1 Thessalonians. I finished up Psalms and Proverbs this week. I'll now be doing my Book of Common Prayer readings from those two books in the NRSV. I am still loving the ESV Church History Bible. 
This was Jesus' reason for speaking to them in parables: they could not understand spiritual things, and therefore he gave them no naked doctrine, for then they would not have listened at all. They did not really see what they saw, nor hear what they heard. The plainer the teaching, the more they were puzzled by it. They had become so morally and spiritually diseased, that the only thing they would notice was the attractive dress of a truth; for the truth itself they had no liking and no perception. ~ Charles Spurgeon 

NRSV XL. Psalms 1-23. Proverbs 1-4. Exodus 16-40. Leviticus. Numbers. Deuteronomy. Joshua. Judges. Ruth. 1 Samuel. 

M'Cheyne BSB. Genesis 30-37. Mark 1-7. Esther 6-10. Job 1-3. Romans 1-7. 

Growing 4 Life January (Mark 1-4) and February (Mark 5-8). I read some from each this week since we didn't switch months until mid-week.

Mark 1-4 -- Living, NRSV, 1560 Geneva, NIV 84.
Mark 5-8 -- LSB, Living, NRSV, ESV, 1560 Geneva, NIV 84, NASB 95. 

Current plans for other books:

I finished a handful of books this week! And I've reviewed them already! I am currently reading Laura Frantz' The Rose and the Thistle. 

Questions:

Do you write down quotes? share quotes? mark quotes? I started sharing a tiny selection of quotes from the ESV Church History bible this week. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: