Saturday, September 10, 2016

Ten Artists I'd Love To Record "Because He Lives"

Here is my list of ten artists that I'd LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to see record my favorite song, "Because He Lives." (Think Gaithers not Matt Maher)

1. Michael Tait (Newsboys). I love his voice I do. I loved his voice with DC Talk, as a solo artist, as part of the rock opera Hero!, as part of the Newsboys. I think his voice would be great on this song.

2. Michael W. Smith. He has two hymn albums already. I would love to see him do a fast version of "Because He Lives." (In the style of his "Victory in Jesus" and "I'll Fly Away.")

3. Rend Collective. I think Rend Collective would probably do their own arrangement of this…and likely it would be fast and happy and joyful and FUN and unique.

4. Alan Jackson. He's released two hymn albums--both of which I love. I think it would be a good fit.

5. George Strait. While I'm thinking country, I'll just add that I think King George should release a hymn album.

6. Andrew Peterson. He's one of my favorite artists, one of my favorite singer-songwriters. I think I could handle even a slow version of Because He Lives if he was the one singing it.

7. Bart Millard (MercyMe). I enjoyed Bart Millard's two hymn albums…and I do enjoy MercyMe! Either way I think this would be a good thing!

8. Carman. The first hymn album that I really LOVED, LOVED, LOVED was Carman. Carman plus some gospel background singers could be awesome with this one!

9. Laura Story. Anyone who can make me cry with "Blessings" is sure to bring me to tears with "Because He Lives."

10. Aaron Shust. It wasn't easy filling this tenth slot. Because I had two or three artists that I could have chosen. (Casting Crowns comes to mind. Jeremy Camp as well. Even Third Day.)

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: