Sunday, November 27, 2016

November's Scripture Chain

  • So encourage each other with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4:18
  • All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ. Even when we are weighed down with troubles, it is for your comfort and salvation! For when we ourselves are comforted, we will certainly comfort you. Then you can patiently endure the same things we suffer. We are confident that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in the comfort God gives us. 2 Corinthians 1:3-7
  • Is God’s comfort too little for you? Is his gentle word not enough? Job 15:11
  • Remember your promise to me; it is my only hope. Your promise revives me; it comforts me in all my troubles. Psalm 119:49-50
  • Let your unfailing love surround us, Lord, for our hope is in you alone. Psalm 33:22
  • Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. Psalm 23:4
  • When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Psalm 94:19
  • Sing for joy, O heavens! Rejoice, O earth! Burst into song, O mountains! For the Lord has comforted his people and will have compassion on them in their suffering. Isaiah 49:13
  • God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. Matthew 5:4
  • Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. Psalm 62:5
  • You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope. Psalm 119:114
  • Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
  • The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!” The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. Lamentations 3:22-26
  • The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God’s help be encouraged. Psalm 69:32
  • I weep with sorrow; encourage me by your word. Psalm 119:28
  • I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. Psalm 130:5
  • Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:5
  • And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7
  • We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. Psalm 33:20
  • And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5:4-5
  • Such things were written in the Scriptures long ago to teach us. And the Scriptures give us hope and encouragement as we wait patiently for God’s promises to be fulfilled. Romans 15:4
  • Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. 1 Peter 3:15
  • You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Psalm 73:24-26
This month's inspiration: Wonderful Words of Life
This month's translation: NLT

No comments: