Saturday, July 31, 2021

Goals for August 2021


Bible Reading Goals for August 2021

  • I will be reading Psalm 107-118 thirty times.
  • I will be reading Matthew 17-20 thirty times.
  • I will continue on with the M'Cheyne reading plan. (To be honest, I'm a bit OVER this plan. It just isn't a good fit for me.)
  • I will continue reading the NASB 2020 Large Print Thinline Bible using a revised Professor Horner plan. I  have already read some books twice. Books I haven't read even once: Deuteronomy, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel. Everything else I've read once--or twice.
  • My BIG, BIG, BIG goal is to finish the OLD TESTAMENT using the 1611 KJV. I'm in Psalms at the moment. 
  • I will probably keep reading in the BSB translation. 

Reading Goals for August 2021

I have four books that came up in my RANDOM challenge. I definitely want to read these four.
  • The Cryptographer's Dilemma. Johnnie Alexander. 2021. [August] 256 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  • Let It Be Me. Becky Wade. 2021. [May] 378 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  • The Silver Shadow. Liz Tolsma. 2021. [May] 256 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  • Man of Sorrows, King of Glory: What the Humiliation and Exaltation of Jesus Mean for Us. Jonty Rhodes. 2021. [June] 160 pages. [Source: Review copy]
When I finish those four books, I want to read MORE Christian fiction and Christian nonfiction. To meet my goal of 100 books for the year--I'll need to read fifty-nine more books. Only FIVE MONTHS to read fifty-nine books. That's about twelve to thirteen books a month. 

Since I've already chosen SOME books randomly from my master list of review copies, I thought I would work on a list of INTENTIONAL reads. 
  • A Cowboy for Keeps. (Colorado Cowboys #1) Jody Hedlund. 2021 [January] 341 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  • The Vanishing at Loxby manor. Abigail Wilson. 2021. [January] 336 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  • The Moonlight School. Suzanne Woods Fisher. 2021. [February] 320 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  • When Twilight Breaks. Sarah Sundin. 2021. [February] 365 pages. [Source: Review copy]
  • The Seeds of Change (Leah's Garden #1) Lauraine Snelling. 2021. [June] 336 pages. [Source: Review copy]

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: