Tuesday, December 28, 2021

14. Giant Print ESV


ESV Giant Print Bible (ISBN 13: 978-1-4335-2722-7) 2011/2001. 1984 pages. [Source: Gift]

First sentence: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.

I am only counting the ESV Bible once this year though technically I've read it twice. I started out the year using the ESV Bible app to read the Daily M'Cheyne plan. Though I had read this plan before--using a physical Bible--I wanted to give the plan a second year. Unfortunately, I did not click with the plan this year. Like at all. I found myself skimming most of the time. (Hence why I am not going to count this time through the Word of God.) I am definitely not going to be using this plan next year. 

BUT though that seems to have been a fail, I picked up the ESV Giant Print Bible in early November (November 9 to be precise) to use with the Book of Common Prayer's Daily Office. I was not following the lectionary. I was reading two lessons an office, three offices a day. So while I thought it would take me several months--closer to 90 days--to get through this one, I found myself finishing up the last week of the year. (Technically, I have one book left--the book of Hosea--but since I've read it with the M'Cheyne plan earlier AND since I have every intention in the world of finishing it in the ESV Giant Print Bible today or tomorrow, I'm posting my review today. 

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Bible. I do. I loved the giant print font. I love that it's double column. I love that it's black letter. I love how it lays flat. It's been a joy to read through this one using the Daily Office from the Book of Common Prayer. I was able to read through the Old Testament once and the parts of the New Testament twice. (All four gospels were read twice. Some of the letters as well. Galatians and Hebrews seemed to be favorites that I kept returning to.)



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

2 comments:

Kelly-Belly said...

Do you know what size the font is?

I don't like to wear my reading glasses, so I'm always interested in what publishers consider a "giant print."

Becky said...

Kelly-Belly, it is 14 point font.