Thursday, February 10, 2022

9. Read It, See It, Say It, Sing It: Knowing and Loving the Bible


Read It, See It, Say It, Sing It: Knowing and Loving the Bible. Hunter Beless. 2022 [April] 32 pages. [Source: Review copy]

First sentence: Have you heard of the special book God gave to us? If not this is something that we should discuss! This book is the Bible. It's timeless and true. It's God's written Word--both for me and for you. 
We read it out loud, so we hear what God says. We say it to hide its truths deep in our hearts. We sing it so others can come and take part.

Read It, See It, Say It, Sing It is a picture book for (young) children. Written in rhyme, it celebrates the Bible being THE BOOK. The illustrations show different families reading, sharing, loving the Bible as the Word of God. I wouldn't say the picture book is 100% a gospel presentation, but, at the same time I wouldn't say the gospel wasn't present. 

I definitely enjoyed this one. I do wish I'd held a [physical] copy in my hands instead of an e-galley. (Though I am thankful for the e-galley). I do think picture books in particular need the physical format to be fully appreciated and enjoyed. 


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: