Wednesday, April 20, 2022

6. Schuyler Credo Quentel New American Standard Bible 1995


Schuyler Credo Quentel. New American Standard Bible 1995. God. 2021. 1833 pages. [Source: Gift]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

I really LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this one. I definitely think it will be a bible I keep coming back to because it is so wonderful. I love the New American Standard Bible 1995. It is one of my favorite translations to use in my daily Bible reading.

It is a premium Bible. I'll share the description below. The "Credo" in the title refers to the creeds and confessions included in this Bible in the back matter. 

I started this one March 10, 2022 and finished it April 20, 2022. I read it in two times a day--morning and evening--using the Book of Common Prayer daily offices.

The description from the site: 

This Bible includes the following historical confessions of the church. • Apostles Creed • Nicene Creed • Chalcedonian Creed • Athanasian Creed • Augsburg Confession • Articles of Religion • Westminster Standards • London Baptist Confession

Slate Goatskin Covers 
11 point font
1995 text
Line Matching
28 GSM Indopaque Paper
Page size: 6.1″ x 9.1″ x 1.3″ (156 x 231 x 33 mm)
16 mm margins
9 mm yapp
3 x 1 cm ribbons (Red)
Art-Gilt edging (red under silver) with gilt line (silver line inside the cover)
Smyth Sewn
Black letter text (chapter numbers, headers and page number in red)
More than 95,000 entry cross references and about 17,000 translation footnotes
Presentation Page
Concordance
Schuyler Maps


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: