Thursday, April 14, 2022

5. NASB 2020


Holy Bible, NASB 2020. Lockman Foundation. 2020. 4068 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

This is my third time to read the 2020 update to the New American Standard Bible. This time around I read it on the YouVersion Bible app using the Power 60 Day Bible Reading Plan. Sixty days is a short span of time to read through the entire Bible. 

I neither love or hate the NASB 2020. I do love, love, love, love crazy love the NASB 95. And I really LOVE the NASB 77. I do not ever see the NASB 2020 taking the place of either the 95 or the 77 in my heart. That being said, I'm not adamantly opposed to the update. It doesn't make me angry that it exists.

I would definitely recommend that (potential) readers spend a few weeks reading the NASB 2020 translation on an app like YouVersion (or BibleGateway) or the computer to get a good grasp of whether or not this translation is worth owning in a physical copy. 



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: