Monday, October 17, 2022

15. ESV Gospel Transformation Bible


ESV Gospel Transformation Study Bible: Christ In All of Scripture, Grace for All of Life. 2019 (this edition). 2096 pages. [Source: Gift]

First sentence: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

I read and reviewed the first edition of the Gospel Transformation Study Bible when it first released. They have since come out with a second edition.

One thing that has changed from then to now is my eyesight. I wasn't able to fully utilize the notes this time around. But if memory serves me, then the notes were all sorts of amazing and awesome. (I'm sure that is still the case). For the record, I tried to read the notes for about two or three weeks, it was just too much of a strain on my eyes to commit to reading each and every word of the notes. If I came across a particular passage where I felt I needed some clarification or a boost, then short spurts of reading the notes worked. 

I love the premise of this one--that Christ is to be found in ALL of Scripture. This Bible erases or perhaps bridges the disconnect between testaments that some struggle with. 

I started this Bible on June 28, 2022 and finished it on October 17, 2022. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: