Monday, October 14, 2024

22. KJV Center Column Reference

22. King James Version, Center Column Reference. Nelson 4505 BG. 1120 pages. [Source: Bought] [5 stars]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Start date: August 18, 2024
End date: October 14, 2024

I thrifted this lovely King James Version center column reference Bible a little over a year ago. If you've been around very long, you'll have realized that I love and adore the KJV. I do. I am not KJVO. I'm not. But at the same time, I just can't stay away from it. I just love it so much and find it so wonderfully majestic, beautiful, and rhythmic. It just sings to me. 

This edition that I bought is Nelson 4505 BG. It's hard to find exact books on GoodReads. Its dimensions are similar to a thinline Bible. It was published in 1989. It is two column, red letter, center column reference. The font is on the smaller side. But it is light weight. There is minimal ghosting. In other words, it could be better but it could also be a lot worse. The ghosting is not a distraction. It is verse by verse with "self-pronouncing" text. YET with the self-pronouncing text it is on the minimal side. Many proper names and place names do not have this breakdown into syllables. It's there for the longer, more obscure words, and not so much the more common ones that most people would already know. Speaking of obscure words, there are some words defined in the center column. There are short book introductions to each book of the Bible. There is a small concordance and a reading plan in the back.




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: