Wednesday, October 9, 2024

47. Strong Psalm 1

47. Strong: Psalm 1. Sally Lloyd-Jones. Illustrated by Jago. 2024. 18 pages. [Source: Library] [Board book] [5 stars] 

First sentence: By a stream
is a good place
for a little tree 
to be.
She reaches down
her roots
to drink.
And the water never dries up.

Premise/plot: Sally Lloyd-Jones' newest book is a board book retelling or adaptation of Psalm 1. The illustrations are by Jago. This is the pair that produced the Jesus Storybook Bible. After the adaptation of the psalm, it transitions into a family-friendly prayer for little ones. 

My thoughts: I enjoyed this one. I do wish that there was both a) more quantity and b) more quality books for little ones by Christians. This is quality. I wouldn't mind seeing more psalms done by this author-illustrator pair. I think it is a great starting point because Psalm 1 can in many ways describe the Christian life. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: