Saturday, January 28, 2012

Professor Horner Update #4 (January 22-27)


This is my fourth (and final) week using Professor Horner's Bible Reading System. When I next use a system like this, I will be making some modifications to it. I don't think I'll start it in February, but perhaps by March, I'll be ready for the intensity of this commitment again. I really loved hearing from Soozie4Him last week! I would love to hear from more of you about how reading the Bible is going for you, which plans you're using or NOT using. I agree that probably the best thing about this plan is that there are no dates attached to it. So you're never really behind where you're supposed to be. Wherever you are, is where you're meant to be.

This week I read:

  • Leviticus in the KJV
  • Numbers in the KJV
  • Deuteronomy in the KJV
  • 2 Samuel in the KJV
  • 1 Kings in the KJV
  • 2 Kings in the KJV
  • Ezra in the KJV
  • Nehemiah in the KJV
  • Esther in the KJV
  • Psalms in the KJV
  • Proverbs in the KJV
  • Ecclesiastes in the KJV
  • Song of Songs in the KJV
  • Ezekiel in the KJV
  • Matthew in the KJV
  • Acts in the KJV
  • 1 Corinthians in the KJV
  • 2 Corinthians in the KJV
  • Galatians in the KJV
  • Ephesians in the KJV
  • Philippians in the KJV
  • 2 Peter in the KJV
  • 1 John in the KJV
  • 2 John in the KJV
  • 3 John in the KJV
  • Jude in the KJV
  • Revelation in the KJV

Key Verses

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! (Psalm 139:17)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. (Psalms 130:3:6)

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. (Psalms 143:8)
Songs on my mind this week:

My Hope Is In You, Aaron Shust



Fingertips and Noses, Newsong



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: