Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Mission...

My goal--obvious as it may be--is to actually read the Bible. You might think that I've not read it. But that wouldn't be the case. I've read it a dozen or so times over the past twenty years. However, I've not been in the habit of reading it lately. For the past three or four years, my reading of the Bible has been pitiful to nil. I know--rationally speaking--that I NEED to read the Bible...that I NEED to study and read and pray. But it's not a part of my daily routine. Hence why I'm challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon.

1 comment:

Cynda said...

Ok, allow me to jump on this challenge with you. You know I am not in the habit of taking up reading challenges just because of lack of time but this is one I started in June as well. In June and July I covered James and am now in Epehesians. While I am reading everyday I am actually studying the books using Max Lucados Life Lessons series.