ESV Grow Bible -- OCTOBER 31, 2011 -- Ages 8 to 12
From the publisher:
The ESV Grow! Bible is designed specifically to reach children ages 8–12 for the time between when they use a children’s Bible and a more advanced Bible. Coupling the full ESV text with many helpful features, this is a Bible that young students can call their own.
The ESV Grow! Bible comes with all-new features to help children learn and understand God’s Word. Nearly every other page features a “W Question”, boxes answering the who, what, where, when, or why of a text—basic questions a child might have while reading. Introductions to each Bible book, charts, and maps help young readers understand the themes, characters, and context of Scripture. 45 “Cross Connections” explain how certain Bible passages point to Christ and 90 “4U” sections explain and apply texts to the child’s life. In addition, articles about Jesus and the teachings of the Christian faith help children understand important theological concepts.
Children will find the ESV Grow! Bible full of interesting features and parents will appreciate that their kids can explore the full Bible text themselves. A perfect Bible to transition from the Seek and Find Bible to the Student Study Bible, the ESV Grow! Bible connects young readers with the beauty and majesty of God’s Word.
From the publisher:
The ESV Student Study Bible is ideally suited for students who are serious about God’s Word—who want to learn more about what the Bible teaches and how the Bible applies to all of life.
With 12,000 clear, concise study notes, the ESV Student Study Bible provides numerous new features—including nearly 900 “Did You Know?” facts, 120 new Bible character profiles, and 15 new topical articles. It also features a new glossary of key terms, more than 80 full-color maps and illustrations, an extensive concordance, and 80,000 cross-references. These and many other features make it the most comprehensive, colorful, and content-rich student Bible available today. Suited to high school and college students, the ESV Student Study Bible is also a versatile resource for anyone engaged in serious study of God’s Word.
Created by an outstanding team of more than 100 evangelical Christian scholars, teachers, and pastors, the ESV Student Study Bible is adapted from the highly acclaimed and best-selling ESV Study Bible. With numerous new features, the ESV Student Study Bible is an invaluable resource. For high school and college students, but equally for all students of the Bible—for everyone who loves to read and learn more about God’s Word.
From the publisher:
'THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD' IS MORE THAN JUST A CLICHE. God goes to great lengths to rescue lost and hurting people. That is what The Story is all about---the story of the Bible, God's great love affair with humanity. Condensed into 31 accessible chapters, The Story sweeps you into the unfolding progression of Bible characters and events from Genesis to Revelation. Using the clear, accessible text of the NIV Bible, it allows the stories, poems, and teachings of the Bible to read like a novel. And like any good story, The Story is filled with intrigue, drama, conflict, romance, and redemption---and this story's true!
From the foreword by Max Lucado and Randy Frazee: 'This book tells the grandest, most compelling story of all time: the story of a true God who loves his children, who established for them a way of salvation and provided a route to eternity. Each story in these 31 chapters reveals the God of grace---the God who speaks; the God who acts; the God who listens; the God whose love for his people culminated in his sacrifice of Jesus, his only Son, to atone for the sins of humanity.'
Church families around the globe can now embrace The Story for a full ministry year through worship services, small group studies, and family activities. Learn more about this whole-church experience at TheStory.com.
- The story of the Bible---in its own words. Selections from the NIV Bible with short transitions to connect the reader to the continuing story.
- Events, characters, and teachings of the Bible arranged chronologically
- Timelines of Bible events
- New International Version (NIV) Bible text
From the publisher:
One of the best ways to get to know God on a deeper level is to know the names and titles both he and his people give to him. Now the bestselling author of Praying the Names of God reveals the richness of God's character and love found in his names. The Names of God Bible restores more than 10,000 occurrences of specific names of God--like Yahweh, El Shadday, El Elyon, and Adonay--to help readersZondervan is publishing a Greek and English Interlinear New Testament (NASB/NIV) in October.
- Discover the Hebrew names of God within the biblical text
- Understand the meaning and significance of each name
- Encounter God in a new way through prayers, promises, and devotional readings
- Perfect for personal study, prayer, and reflection, The Names of God Bible includes these special features
- more than 10,000 names and titles of God restored to their Hebrew equivalent and printed in brown ink to stand out within the biblical text
- Names of God Reading Paths lead readers to the next reference of the name so they can pray the names of God throughout Scripture
- Name Pages feature- background information associated with 68 names and titles of God- key Scripture passages in which the meaning is revealed- devotional readings on each of the featured names- specific Bible promises connected to each of the featured names
- introductions to each book of the Bible highlight the main themes and list the names and titles that appear in that book
- 300 callouts highlight key Scripture for memorization and reflection
- Calling God by Name sidebars shed light on the relationship between biblical people and the specific names they called God
- topical prayer guide, pronunciation guide, name index, and Bible reading plans to assist in study
Anyone who desires a deeper understanding of God and new insights into the Bible will cherish The Names of God Bible as it opens a door into the Hebrew roots of the faith and the Scriptures.
The Story: Teen Edition: The Bible As One Continuing Story of God and His People in April 2011. The Story Audio Book. Exploring The Story: A Reference Companion. The Story Adult Curriculum Participant's Guide. The Story Adult Curriculum DVDR.
If you're looking for the 2011 edition of the NIV, you might be interested in one of these compact Bibles.
The Common English Bible is available for the first time. Many more editions will come in 2012, but they've got compact editions this September in black and pink. And some lovely thinline editions as well. And in November, they're releasing the Common English Daily Companion Bible.
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible