In my very first post, I wrote:
"I know--rationally speaking--that I NEED to read the Bible...that I NEED to study and read and pray. But it's not a part of my daily routine. Hence why I'm challenging myself to ACTUALLY read the Bible instead of just talking about how I need to start one day soon."I was surprised, at first, that people were interested in joining me in reading the Bible. That they saw this as an opportunity for a reading challenge--a perpetual reading challenge. But it was a happy surprise! If you're interested in joining, you can sign up on the initial post.
This year's Operation Deepen Faith post. This year's Cloud of Witnesses post.
My favorite posts from June 9, 2011 to June 8, 2012
- Big God, Big Words: Imputation
- Taste and See: Living Sacrifices
- Taste and See: Eating a Balanced Diet
- So What's Your Excuse?
- Taste and See: Redeeming the Time
- Focus on Philippians 1:9-11
- Christ in the Pages of the Bible
- Without a Bible
- Songs that Bring Good Tears
- Book Review: Lit! A Christian Guide to Reading Books
- A Little Experiment with Two Translations
- Ten Chapters I'm Thankful For
- Looking to Read A Book About the Bible?
- Top Ten Books I'd Recommend Reading for Lent
- Quoting Dorothy Sayers
- What Makes a Book "Worthy" and "Helpful"?
- Quoting A.W. Tozer
- Books Read in 2012
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible