Monday, June 8, 2015

Operation Actually Turns Seven!

Today is my blogoversary! Seven years ago, I started Operation Actually Read Bible because I wanted some accountability, some consistency in my life: I knew I needed to be reading my Bible, and needed to want to read my Bible. Seven years later, I can't imagine not reading my Bible, not wanting to read the Bible. God has blessed these seven years.

The blog turned into a place where I shared updates of my Bible reading, hosted a couple of challenges each year, and shared book reviews of all the Christian books I've read--fiction and nonfiction.

Though it might seem like keeping a record is legalistic, it's not meant to be. Grace is amazing and overflowing. The more I read the Bible--the more overwhelmed by God's grace I become.

Endless Hallelujah by Matt Redman
When I stand before Your throne
Dressed in glory not my own
What a joy I'll sing of on that day
No more tears or broken dreams
Forgotten is the minor key
Everything as it was meant to be
And we will worship, worship
Forever in Your presence we will sing
We will worship, worship You
And endless hallelujah to the King
I will see You as You are
Love You with unsinning heart
And see how much You paid to bring me home
Not till then, Lord, shall I know
Not till then, how much I owe...
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: