Thursday, August 19, 2021

6. NASB Large Print Reference Bible


NASB Large Print Ultrathin Reference Bible, 2020 text. 1472 pages. [Source: Gift]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

This is my second time reading the NASB 2020. The first time I read the NASB 2020, I read the kindle edition. This time I read an actual physical copy of the NASB 2020. I read the Large Print Ultrathin Reference Bible published by Lockman. It released in August of 2020. 

Here's what YOU need to know:
  • The font size is 10.
  • Line matched typesetting
  • Two column text
  • Center column cross references
  • Paragraph formatting
  • Black Letter Text
  • 2 Ribbon Markers
  • Full set of translation footnotes
  • Color maps
My method for reading was a modified Professor Horner Bible reading plan. 

1) The Law -- Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
2) The Prophets: Joshua, Judges, 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Ezekiel
3) The Twelve Prophets: Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, and Malachi
4) The book of Psalms
5) The writings: Proverbs, Job, Song of Songs, Ruth, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes, Esther, Daniel, Ezra, Nehemiah, 1 Chronicles, and 2 Chronicles
6) Matthew, Hebrews, James, Jude
7) Mark, Romans, 1 and 2 Peter
8) Luke, Acts, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians
9) Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, Philemon
10) John, 1 John, 2 John, 3 John, Revelation

I really LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the look and feel of this Bible. I thought it was the absolutely perfect weight. That is proportions of weight and font size were perfectly balanced. 

Do I love the NASB 2020 more than the NASB 1995 or 1977??? Probably not. But I don't dislike it either. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: