Tuesday, December 27, 2022

43. Under the Texas Mistletoe


Under the Texas Mistletoe. Karen Witemeyer. 2021. 320 pages. [Source: Gift]

First sentence: "It's a fool's errand, I tell you."

Under The Texas Mistletoe is a collection of three holiday-themed novellas by Karen Witemeyer. One is brand new--2021. One is first time in print [previously available as an e-book]. One is a reprint of a previously published novella [from another holiday novella collection]. The three novellas are A Texas Christmas Carol, An Archer Family Christmas, and Gift of the Heart. 

I enjoyed all three novellas. I don't know that I have a favorite exactly. Whatever story I happen to be reading at the time is my favorite. Of the three novellas, An Archer Family Christmas is the most melodramatic--in my opinion. But I am also super partial to the Archers so I can definitely overlook a little holiday drama. 

I really just felt so happy reading all three novellas. It was great to revisit Gift of the Heart. I do remember reading that one when it came out in another book. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: