Saturday, March 4, 2023

Sunday Salon #10


Current Bible plans and projects

Seedbed Psalter. There's a book. There's a website. The website plays the instrumental music, so that's what I'm using. (My mom has the book which she's using). So essentially, Dr. Timothy and Mrs. Julie Tennent have created a (new) psalter. It is a metrical psalter so that the psalms can be song to various tunes (that match up with the meters). I've committed to singing the Psalms for the month of March using the Book of Common Prayer psalms calendar. This week, I've read/sung Psalms 1-23.

Psalm 1Beecher (Love Divine, All Loves Excelling)
Psalm 2Passion Chorale (O Sacred Head, Now Wounded)
Psalm 3Hamburg (When I Survey the Wondrous Cross)
Psalm 4Duke Street (Jesus Shall Reign)
Psalm 5Dix (For the Beauty of the Earth)
Psalm 6Germany (Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life)
Psalm 7Toulon (I Greet Thee, Who My Sure Redeemer Art)
Psalm 8Ode to Joy (Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee)
Psalm 9Morecambre (Spirit of God, Descend Upon My Heart)
Psalm 10Dundee (God Moves In a Mysterious Way)
Psalm 11Kingsfold (O Sing a Song of Bethlehem)
Psalm 12Winchester Old (Come, Holy Ghost, Our Hearts Inspire)
Psalm 13Arise/Restoration (Come Ye Sinners, Poor and Needy)
Psalm 14Llangloffan (O God of Earth and Altar)
Psalm 15Penitentia (Here, O My Lord, I See Thee Face To Face
Psalm 16Diademata (Crown Him With Many Crowns)
Psalm 17Morning Song (My Soul Gives Glory to My God)
Psalm 18Ellacombe (Hosanna, Loud Hosanna)
Psalm 19The Ash Grove (Let All Things Now Living)
Psalm 20Azmon (O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing)
Psalm 21Forest Green (I Sing the Mighty Power of God)
Psalm 22Morning Song (My Soul Gives Glory to My God)
Psalm 23St. Columba (The King of Love My Shepherd Is)

ESV Church History. I'm struggling with my vision and with the font size of the text. But I'm persevering. This is the Bible I'm using for the Daily Offices from the Book of Common Prayer. I only have one book left in the New Testament (the gospel of John). I have Jeremiah through Malachi left in the Old Testament. I am *hoping* that I finish this one up in March. This week I read Isaiah 57-66. Revelation 11-22. Jeremiah 1-44. 

ESV Psalter -- This is just a tiny little Psalms-only book. I thought it would be handy for my tea-time. I'm struggling with the font size. But I'm currently using this for my Be Thou My Vision devotional. Psalms 1-57 (or 56?)

BSB M'Cheyne -- Still using YouVersion to read this plan. Still loving the BSB translation. Exodus 10-15, Luke 13-18, Job 28-33, 1 Corinthians 14-16; 2 Corinthians 1-3.

NRSV XL. Proverbs 27-31. Psalms 120-150. Isaiah 7-45.

Growing 4 Life. March is 9-12. This week I read: NASB 95, NASB 77, KJV, 1611 KJV, 1537 Matthews Bible, NRSV.

Currently reading (non Bible plans and projects)

The Sovereignty of God by A.W. Pink
One Faithful Life by John MacArthur Jr.
The Story of Abortion in America by Marvin Olasky
  

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

1 comment:

Karen Opper said...

I love that you're reading so much (scripture and others). I feel less crazy right now in my current reading list.