Sunday, March 26, 2023

Sunday Salon #13


Current Bible plans and projects:

Seedbed Psalter. There's a book. There's a website. The website plays the instrumental music, so that's what I'm using. (My mom has the book which she's using). So essentially, Dr. Timothy and Mrs. Julie Tennent have created a (new) psalter. It is a metrical psalter so that the psalms can be song to various tunes (that match up with the meters). I've committed to singing the Psalms for the month of March using the Book of Common Prayer psalms calendar. This week I've read/sung Psalm 95-119:1-104.

Psalm 95Forest Green (I Sing the Mighty Power of God)
Psalm 96Lyons (O Worship the King)
Psalm 97Hyfrydol (Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus)
Psalm 98Richmond (O For A Heart to Praise My God)
Psalm 99Richmond (O For A Heart to Praise My God)
Psalm 100Winchester Old (Come, Holy Ghost, Our Hearts Inspire)
Psalm 101Ode to Joy (Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee)
Psalm 102Sweet Hour (Sweet Hour of Prayer)
Psalm 103Beecher (Love Divine, All Loves Excelling)
Psalm 104Munich ((O Word of God Incarnate)
Psalm 105Kingsfold (O Sing a Song of Bethlehem)
Psalm 106Toulon (I Greet Thee, Who My Sure Redeemer Art)
Psalm 107Aberystwyth (Jesus, Lover Of My Soul)
Psalm 108Aurelia (The Church's One Foundation)
Psalm 109Morning Song (My Soul Gives Glory to My God)
Psalm 110Richmond (O For A Heart to Praise My God)
Psalm 111Richmond (O For A Heart to Praise My God)
Psalm 112Stuttgart (May the Grace of Christ Our Savior)
Psalm 113Nettleton (Come, Thou Fount)
Psalm 114Dundee (God Moves In a Mysterious Way)
Psalm 115Austrian Hymn (Glorious Things of Thee Are Spoken)
Psalm 116Toulon (I Greet Thee, Who My Sure Redeemer Art)
Psalm 117St. Columba (The King of Love My Shepherd Is)
Psalm 118Ellacombe (Hosanna, Loud Hosanna)
Psalm 119:1-32Azmon (O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing)
Psalm 119:33-104Kingsfold (O Sing a Song of Bethlehem)

NIV 84 Rainbow Study Bible. 1 Chronicles 14-29. 2 Chronicles. Job 1-25. Mark. 1 Thessalonians. 2 Thessalonians. James. 

Wycliffe New Testament. Luke 1-24. John 1-8. 

NRSV XL. Jeremiah 32-52. Lamentations. Baruch. 

BSB M'Cheyne. Exodus 30-36. John 9-15. Proverbs 6-12. Galatians 5-6. Ephesians 1-5. 

Growing for Life. March is Mark 9-12. This week I read 1560 Geneva Bible, 1611 King James Version, ESV, BSB, and NASB 77. 

Currently reading:

Mornings with Tozer by A.W. Tozer 

I am currently in-between books. I finished up TWO books this past week. The Thrill of Orthodoxy which I highly recommend. And the Story of Abortion in America which again I highly recommend. It might need a few more trigger warnings (aka content warnings) than the Orthodoxy book. But it was so compelling. 



© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: