Thursday, May 25, 2023

5. NKJV Deluxe Reader's Bible

NKJV, Deluxe Reader's Bible. God. 2018. 1952 pages. [Source: Bought] [Link to cover image]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 

I read the hardcover edition of the New King James Version Deluxe Reader's Bible. It is a reader's Bible. For those not in the know, a reader's bible does not have verse numbers, usually. Sometimes they lack chapter numbers as well. Sometimes chapter numbers are at the top or bottom of a page. 

I bought mine on a clearance sale. The paper was remarkably better--less ghosting--than the usual stuff printed these days. And I always appreciate a reader's Bible. 

This one is single column. (Most reader's Bibles are.) It is black letter as well, I believe. (It's been a few weeks since I read the New Testament. I definitely don't remember seeing any words of Christ in red. And since that is not my preference, I think I'd remember. Still, if you are interested in this one yourself, I'd look at the description and details before purchasing.

It does have two ribbon markers. (I like two ribbons. Four ribbons are even better, but two is good.)

I believe it is ten point font. 

This was not my first time reading the New King James Version. It was my first time to read it without chapter and verse numbers. 

I started on April 6, 2023 and finished on May 25, 2023. 

Psalm 23:

The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name’s sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.


© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: