Thursday, July 27, 2023

8. KJV


Fourth Edition (1964) King James Thompson Chain Reference Bible. God. 1591 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I started reading the King James Version--or rereading as the case may be--in May 2023. I read Psalms and Proverbs in May. I started the Old Testament and New Testament in June 2023. I finished July 28, 2023. 

I discovered this 'gem' at a used bookstore. Though almost all Thompson Chain Reference Bibles that I've seen are red letter, this one is BLACK LETTER. 

I would love to learn how to use the Chain Reference system. I didn't attempt to learn it this time around. I was just appreciating this one for the layout. I definitely plan to reread this one.

I love the King James Version. This was a good edition. It does have self-pronouncing text (syllable guidance). (This isn't my favorite feature. In fact it's a least favorite feature usually). It is verse-by-verse. I am getting more used to verse-by-verse, but I do prefer paragraphing.

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: