Tuesday, November 21, 2023

17. NKJV Sovereign, Personal Size Reference


NKJV (New King James Version). Personal Size Reference. Sovereign Collection. God. 2022. 1696 pages. [Source: Bought] 

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. 

After falling in love with the King James Sovereign Personal Size Reference Bible this summer, I decided to get the New King James Version edition of the same Bible. It is double column. The cross references are on the bottom of each page. It is red letter. The size is perfectly perfect. 

The New King James Version hasn't been my go-to. It hasn't been my favorite or best. But I started reading it more this fall and I appreciate it more than I ever have. I really feel at home in this translation now. I was eager to read it all the way through--it's a great little Bible. But I'm also a little sad that I finished this one. I definitely see myself picking this NKJV back up when I want to read from that translation.

I used the Super Glutton Reading plan for my read through. I read two columns in the morning and two columns in the evening. 









© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: