Friday, March 1, 2024

3. King James Version, World Publishing,


The Holy Bible, King James Version, Red-Letter Edition, Self-Pronouncing Text. God. 1769. 1246 pages. [Source: Bought]

First sentence: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

I am hoping that this will be the only "messy" review of a Bible. Messy in that I literally read from three different physical Bibles--all the King James Version. I do typically try to read physical bibles cover to cover. I don't usually mix-and-match physical bibles. However, circumstances. I read from the RAINBOW STUDY BIBLE, the KJV Creedal Bible, and a vintage KJV published by World. I read probably fifty percent from the World one. There is NO copyright date. It is not in GoodReads or Amazon's databases. 

I love, love, love the King James Version. I especially love older editions of the King James Version. The print seems to be blacker, darker. The paper can often be nicer--better quality. The gilding of this one is red. It is double column. Words of Christ in red. Self-pronouncing text. No cross references. Separate pagination for Old and New Testaments. 954 for the Old Testament. 292 for the New Testament. 

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: