Friday, September 27, 2024

45. Joni Eareckson Tada

 45. Joni Eareckson Tada. Kristyn Getty. Illustrated by Hsulynn Pang. 2024. 32 pages. [Source: Library] [5 stars] [picture book biography]

First sentence: Joni was born the youngest of four sisters in Baltimore, USA. She was called Joni after her dad, John. He had been hoping for a boy! Joni had sparkling blue eyes, a clever mind, and lots of energy.

I have read several books written by Joni Eareckson Tada. I know I've read two autobiographies and a handful of other books she's written on other topics. So I was SUPER, SUPER, SUPER excited to see that a children's biography was coming this year. 

This one is a picture book biography for readers of all ages. It introduces her life story and her ministry. Let's be honest, this may be the introduction to her life story for younger generations. I do think her story is important; her ministry is important. 

I would recommend this one. 




© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: