10. Blessings. Laura Story. [Watch Live Performance Video]
It's heart-felt, genuine, devotional.
9. Thank God for Something. Hawk Nelson. [Watch Lyric Video]
If a modern-day Pollyanna had a theme song, this might just be it. It's fast. It's positive. It's encouraging.
8. Soon and Very Soon by Ronnie Milsap. [Watch Video]
Oh-so-easy to sing along with. And to sing excitedly.
Alan Jackson's two hymn albums are ones I've listened to almost weekly since first discovering them this past spring. I love, love, love, love, LOVE them.
6. We Believe. Newsboys. [Watch Official Video]
I love this one so much. There are truths we need to tell ourselves as believers each and every day. This song touches on oh-so-many of these truths.
5. I'm Going Free. Vertical Church Band. [Watch Lyric Video]
This one like, We Believe, contains vital truths that we need to be spiritually healthy. It is also a CLAP-HAPPY song. Love it.
4. Sovereign. Chris Tomlin. [Watch Lyric Video]
I loved this one when I first heard it, but, I didn't really grab onto this song until recently.
3. Blessed Be Your Name. Matt Redman. [Watch Lyric Video]
I loved this one the first time I heard it--years and years ago. But again, it wasn't until this year, that it became MY very own, lived-in song. Until the darkness closes in on you--you can't really grasp how amazing it is to cling to God.
2. How Can I Keep From Singing. Chris Tomlin. [Watch Lyric Video]
I love this one so much. It is so true. Every line--every phrase--resonates with me.
1. 10,000 Reasons. Matt Redman. [Watch Lyric Video]
I've sung it loud. I've sung it in a whisper. I've cried my way through it more than once. Some happy tears. Some not-so-happy tears. But if one song and one song alone can represent the entire year. This would probably be it.
© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible