Saturday, March 19, 2016

March's Bonus Scripture Chain, Inspired By B-I-B-L-E

I found this coloring page at Making Learning Fun
  • Everything written in the past was written to teach us. The Scriptures give us strength to go on. They encourage us and give us hope. Romans 15:4
  • I have hidden your word in my heart so that I won’t sin against you. Psalm 119:11
  • How can a young person keep their life pure? By living according to your word. Psalm 119:9
  • Use the truth to make them holy. Your word is truth. John 17:17 
  • Like newborn babies, you should long for the pure milk of God’s word. It will help you grow up as believers. 1 Peter 2:2
  • You have known the Holy Scriptures ever since you were a little child. They are able to teach you how to be saved by believing in Christ Jesus. God has breathed life into all Scripture. It is useful for teaching us what is true. It is useful for correcting our mistakes. It is useful for making our lives whole again. It is useful for training us to do what is right. By using Scripture, the servant of God can be completely prepared to do every good thing. 2 Timothy 3:15-17
  • The word of God is alive and active. It is sharper than any sword that has two edges. It cuts deep enough to separate soul from spirit. It can separate bones from joints. It judges the thoughts and purposes of the heart. Nothing God created is hidden from him. His eyes see everything. He will hold us responsible for everything we do. Hebrews 4:12-13
  • Lord, show me your ways. Teach me how to follow you. Psalm 25:4
  • Guide me in your truth. Teach me.You are God my Savior. I put my hope in you all day long. Psalm 25:5
  • Lord, teach me how you want me to live. Do this so that I will depend on you, my faithful God. Give me a heart that doesn’t want anything more than to worship you. Psalm 86:11
  • I will guide you and teach you the way you should go. I will give you good advice and watch over you with love. Psalm 32:8
  • Jesus explained to them what was said about himself in all the Scriptures. He began with Moses and all the Prophets. Luke 24:27
  • You study the Scriptures carefully. You study them because you think they will give you eternal life. The Scriptures you study are a witness about me. John 5:39 
  • We never stop thanking God for the way you received his word. You heard it from us. But you didn’t accept it as a human word. You accepted it for what it really is. It is God’s word. It is really at work in you who believe. 1 Thessalonians 2:13 
  • Every word of God is perfect. He is like a shield to those who trust in him. He keeps them safe. Proverbs 30:5
  • Help me understand how your rules direct me to live. Then I may think deeply about the wonderful things you have done. Psalm 119:27
  • What the Lord says is right and true. He is faithful in everything he does. Psalm 33:4
  • Lord, you are everything I need. I have promised to obey your words. Psalm 119:57
  • You made me and formed me with your own hands. Give me understanding so that I can learn your commands. Psalm 119:73
  • I deeply long for you to save me. I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:8
  • Lord, your word lasts forever. It stands firm in the heavens. Psalm 119:89
  • But your commands are perfect. They are always there when I need them. Psalm 119:96
  • Your words are very sweet to my taste! They are sweeter than honey to me. Psalm 119:103
  • Your word is like a lamp that shows me the way. It is like a light that guides me. Psalm 119:105
  • Your covenant laws are your gift to me forever. They fill my heart with joy. Psalm 119:111
  • I love your commands more than gold. I love them more than pure gold. Psalm 119:127
  • Your promises have proved to be true. I love them. Psalm 119:140
  • But Lord, you are near. All your commands are true. Psalm 119:151
  • All your words are true. All your laws are right. They last forever. Psalm 119:160
  • May my tongue sing about your word, because all your commands are right. Psalm 119:172
  • Let the message about Christ live among you like a rich treasure. Teach and correct one another wisely. Teach one another by singing psalms and hymns and songs from the Spirit. Sing to God with thanks in your hearts.  Colossians 3:16 
  • The rain and the snow come down from the sky. They do not return to it without watering the earth. They make plants come up and grow. The plants produce seeds for farmers. They also produce food for people to eat. The words I speak are like that. They will not return to me without producing results. They will accomplish what I want them to. They will do exactly what I sent them to do. Isaiah 55:10-11
  • The law of the Lord is perfect. It gives us new strength. The laws of the Lord can be trusted. They make childish people wise. The rules of the Lord are right. They give joy to our hearts. The commands of the Lord shine brightly. They give light to our minds. The law that brings respect for the Lord is pure. It lasts forever. The commands the Lord gives are true. All of them are completely right. They are more priceless than gold. They have greater value than huge amounts of pure gold. They are sweeter than honey that is taken from the honeycomb. Psalm 19:7-10
  • The Lord our God keeps certain things hidden. But he makes other things known to us and to our children forever. He does it so we can obey all the words of this law. Deuteronomy 29:29
  • The commandments I give you today must be in your hearts. Make sure your children learn them. Talk about them when you are at home. Talk about them when you walk along the road. Speak about them when you go to bed. And speak about them when you get up. Write them down and tie them on your hands as a reminder. Also tie them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses. Also write them on your gates. Deuteronomy 6:6-9
  • My son, keep your father’s command. Don’t turn away from your mother’s teaching. Always tie them on your heart. Put them around your neck. When you walk, they will guide you. When you sleep, they will watch over you. When you wake up, they will speak to you. Your father’s command is like a lamp. Your mother’s teaching is like a light. And whatever instructs and corrects you leads to life. Proverbs 6:20-23
  • Those things happened to them as examples for us. They were written down to warn us. That’s because we are living at the time when God’s work is being completed. So be careful. When you think you are standing firm, you might fall. You are tempted in the same way all other human beings are. God is faithful. He will not let you be tempted any more than you can take. But when you are tempted, God will give you a way out. Then you will be able to deal with it. 1 Corinthians 10:11-13
  • So faith comes from hearing the message. And the message that is heard is the message about Christ. Romans 10:17
  • Brothers and sisters, here is what I want you to know. The good news I preached does not come from human beings. No one gave it to me. No one taught it to me. Instead, I received it from Jesus Christ. He showed it to me. Galatians 1:11-12
  • We also have the message of the prophets. This message can be trusted completely. You must pay attention to it. The message is like a light shining in a dark place. It will shine until the day Jesus comes. Then the Morning Star will rise in your hearts. Above all, here is what you must understand. No prophecy in Scripture ever came from a prophet’s own understanding of things. 2 Peter 1:19-20
  • You have made yourselves pure by obeying the truth. So you have an honest and true love for each other. So love one another deeply, from your hearts. You have been born again by means of the living word of God. His word lasts forever. You were not born again from a seed that will die. You were born from a seed that can’t die. It is written, “All people are like grass. All their glory is like the flowers in the field. The grass dries up. The flowers fall to the ground. But the word of the Lord lasts forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you. 1 Peter 1:22-25
Inspiration: The B-I-B-L-E (Here's the Veggie version)
Translation Used: New International Reader's Version

© Becky Laney of Operation Actually Read Bible

No comments: